Building Report Card
The Kansas State Department of Education has released the 2011 school report cards. Report cards reflect a school's demographics, student performance on state assessments, and information on AYP (adequate yearly progress). Report cards for Winfield Public Schools are available at the following website.
NO MORE! NOT HERE! NEVER!
Click on the tab above, named "Our School", for our staff directory.
Kahn's Academy is a free online tool for students and families to use to use for math assistance. Click on: http://www.khanacademy.org/
Once at the academy, find the concept you want to visually see how to complete.- Easy to use and FREE!!!!!!
WIS Fall Book Fair
Our in-school Book Fair begins on Monday, October 27, but you can begin your book shopping now at the Online Book Fair. Visit the Book Fair Homepage at http://bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/winfieldintermediateschl and click on the Shop Now button. Online shopping is available from Sunday, October 19th – Monday, November 3rd.
You can create wish lists and use eCards to invite friends and family to shop. Best of all, every purchase benefits our school and will help us achieve our Book Fair goal. All online orders ship for FREE to the school after the Online Fair has ended.
Benefits of Online Shopping:
* Convenient access 24 hours a day
* Expanded selection for ALL ages—preschoolers to adults
* Send a wish list to invite family and friends to shop
* Search for books by category, grade, age, and price
* ALL purchases benefit our school
* FREE shipping directly to our school (orders will be sent home with your child)
So get a jump on your Book Fair shopping, and thanks for supporting our school!
Common Core Video to explain the importance of Common Core
WIS Receives Challenge Award of Recognition.... AGAIN!!!!
For the second year in a row Winfield Intermediate School has been awarded a Certificate of Recognition in the Challenge Awards Program. This award recognizes schools for outstanding achievement and uncommon accomplishment based on Kansas Assessment results from 2012 and other factors, such as sample size, ethnicity, and socio-economic status of those taking the test. For each of the 14 state assessments, 60 state schools meeting the Challenge Award criteria were originally identified as high performing. WIS received the award for 6th grade Math. We are so proud of our students!!!!!!!!
How to have your child's grades, attendance and lunch balance emailed to you.
Do you want to have your child's grades, attendance or lunch balance emailed to you? If the answer is yes follow these easy steps.
1. Go to the District Website. www.usd465.com
2. Click on the parents tab located near the middle top of the page.
3. Next, located near the top middle of the page is a section that says "Powerschool Employs Parents"- click where it says click here
4. Use your parent username and password- if you need assistance please call Nicole at 221-5180.
5. Once in, look at the leftside of the page and click on the email notification.
6. At this page, you will need to determine what you would like to have emailed to you (attendance, grades, lunch balance, etc) and how often (daily, weekly, etc.)
Emergency Safety Interventions ("ESI")
The board of education is committed to limiting the use of Emergency Safety Interventions (”ESI”), such as seclusion and restraint, with all students. The board of education encourages all employees ...more
Discipline Handbook 2014-2015 Revised
No news posted